Carlson Wagonlit Travel

Canadians Will Need to Apply for a Travel Authorization to Visit Europe from 2023


Starting from January 2023* and on, Canadians will need to complete some extra procedures in order to visit Europe for tourism and business purposes.

As of this date, Canadian passport holders have enjoyed the benefit of entering Europe with only a valid passport. However, soon they will need to apply online for a travel pass in order to enter any of the 26 Schengen Area countries.

This travel pass is called ETIAS and stands for the European Travel Information and Authorization System. It is a completely electronic scheme, established with the purpose of keeping track of travelers from the 60+ EU visa free countries.  It is the equivalent of the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and the American Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

As a country under the EU visa-free regime, Canadian citizens will need to apply for an ETIAS before taking a flight to any of the 26 Schengen Area member states.  The application process for an ETIAS is simple and quick. It is estimated that the application takes around 10 minutes to complete. It costs only €7 and is no more complicated than the Canadian ETA.

CWT Vacations Operating as Steinbeck Travel Ltd. | BC Reg.#2877
102 - 1968 Queensway, Prince George, BC V2L 1M2
Office Hours:
Closed to Public until further notice
250-563-1559 | Toll Free: 800-811-3377| Fax: 250-563-5224 | Email: